You're like my personal brand of heroin..
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're like my personal brand of heroin..

A 18+ Twilight Roleplay Site

Home  Promo  Search  Latest images  Register  Log in  
Please join us on our forum RP site. We look forward to having you but please remember this is 18+ and quality posts are expected.
Please remember to check your Junk Mail and add us to your safety list!

Winter Warmth

Go down 
+3
Edward Cullen
Alice Cullen
Bella Cullen
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bella Cullen
Admin
Bella Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:34 pm

I sit with my arms crossed on the table in the little cafe with my family. I'm not cold, of course, but we must blend in. I have a black turtle neck on with my sharp leather jacket.

Edward sits next to me happily, wearing a long sleeved black shirt and his peacoat. Oh, how I loved that coat on him. Though my lungs don't need it, I take a deep breath and let out an audible sigh. Everyone's head turns to me.

I meet their eyes and raise an eyebrow of mine. "Yes?" I ask. Each couple sits next to each other at our small, circular table. Alice smiles and brings her small cup of tea or coffee or whatever the liquid may be to her lips and sips. I sneer as I watch her drink it. I don't know how she does it. Ew.

Esme laughs- a light, beautiful sound. "It is quite repulsing, isn't it?" Carlisle asks as he rubs Esme's back. I chuckle and shake my head. "I don't understand it..." Alice rolls her eyes as she sets the cup down. "You get used to it, Bella. Try some." She pushes the saucer plate towards me.

I glance at it and push it right back. "Nah. Thanks."

"Dammit, Bella." she curses as she takes the cup and hands it to Jasper. I laugh as Jasper takes a sniff, looking just as repulsed as I felt. But he took a sip anyways for his Alice. I watched intensely, my face reflexively taking on a disgusted expression at the scene.

He gulped it down and made a hissing sound afterward, then pretended to gag. Or maybe it was real. We all erupted into laughter. Emmett put an arm around Rosalie and kissed her head. I continued to stare at the unique couple of Alice and Jasper as Alice laughed and kissed his chin, thanking him for trying.

I felt a feather-light touch on my hand, snapping me out of my observant mode. I snap my head to my husband and smile as I meet his golden eyes. "Are you alright, love?" he asks me, smiling. I nod, a stupid grin still on my face. "Perfect." I say. I swiftly move my chair closer to him and snuggle against his chest. He gladly places an arm around me firmly. "Cozy."

"This is cozy, isn't it?" he asks into my hair. Everyone nods in agreement, grinning. Even though we were vampires, even though this wasn't necessary, we were all enjoying it. Hot cocoa, or coffee, or tea on a winter morning, cozy and warm with family and love surrounding us.

The rare snow falls gradually and steadily outside. I hear a motorcycle pull into the small parking lot and glance up. I smile as Jacob gets off the bike and picks up Renesmee. Snowflakes are caught in the ends of her curly bronze hair. He removes her helmet carefully, smiling his Jacob smile.

"Our baby girl is here," I say with a bright smile to pretty much everyone. Edward smiles and everyone's heads turn to the sound of the bell from the cafe door opening.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:58 pm

I cuddle into my Jasper's chest as we all site around the cafe. The humans sneak glances at us but they can't hear us since we are talking in our low voices.

I take a sip of my wonderful tea and let my Jasper try. He does so, but hisses afterwards, not liking the taste. He still wasn't used to it.

Emmett has his arm thrown around Rosalie's shoulders and Esme and Carlisle sit close together and hold hands. Edward has Bella against his chest, though they are sitting in separate seats.

One seat remains empty, awaiting the arrival of Jake and Nessie and when they do arrive, Bella announces them happily. I can still pick up some quiet anger in her voice but, for the most part, she has gotten over it.

She has grown rapidly since the few months that had passed since her birth. She walks in, hand in Jacob's, and they come over to the empty seat beside Bella. Jacob sits down first and pulls Renesmee up and onto his lap. She instantly reaches over and touches Bella's hand, showing her something. Edward smiles, too, admiring his daughter.

Too perfect.

Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Edward Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:24 am

I pull Bella close to me, kissing the top of her head. A sound outside makes us turn our heads to see Jacob and Renesmee step off the motorbike and enter the little cafe.

I watch the mutt carefully and read his thoughts, wondering if anything had happened that needed my attention. He kept his thoughts on different matters, however, and that made me frown.

Once they were settled into the chair, Renesmee grinned and placed her hand over Bella's. I watched the memory unfold. It was of her and Jacob. They were laying in the slow, side by side, and were creating snow angels by moving their limbs.

I couldn't help but smile at the memory. Our daughter's eyes shot to mine and I stared back into her brown ones. She was so happy with the memory that she giggled and nestled into Jacob's chest.

My eyes shot to Jake's and he was smiling and looking at mine and Bella's expressions. I was quite glad of the nice memory.

I took my free hand and moved my untouched cup around the table a bit, looking at it and thinking of Jacob and Renesmee. I was so lost in my thoughts that I barely heard Bella say, "Edward, love."

I stopped moving the cup and looked at my wife. She was looking at me with concern but I only smiled and brushed a piece of her hair away from her face.

I kissed her lips softly, "I love you."
Back to top Go down
Bella Cullen
Admin
Bella Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:07 pm

I smile at my husband and kiss him again with slightly more force than he kissed me. "I love you, too. What are you thinking about?" I ask him, rubbing little circles into my daughter's hand.

He shakes his head with a smile. "Just the nice memory Renesmee showed us." I smile with him and we both let out quiet chuckles simultaneously. "It is quite wonderful." I agree.

"I'm glad you two approve," Jacob says humorously next to me. I look at him and nudge him with my free hand, laughing. I continue to hold my daughter's hand and lace my other arm through Edward's and rest my head on his shoulder.

"And what exactly is this wonderful memory you three are chuckling about?" Alice asks in a playful tone, smiling. I laugh as Emmett adds onto her curiosity. I glance at Jacob.

"You go ahead, big guy," I say with a smile, challenging him. He laughs and I hear him reposition Nessie on his lap as he begins to describe his time with my daughter.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Jacob tells us about his time with Ness. I laugh when he recalls that they made snow angels before arriving here. I picture big Jake lying the snow and moving his arms and legs.

"You're anything but an angel, pup," I smirk at him. He bares his teeth at me before smirking.

"I'm not," he says, "but she sure is," and gestures to Renesmee. Cute.

I smile and nod at Renesmee, "She sure is." I wink at my niece who giggles.

I take another sip of tea before I rise up from Jasper's lap, sling my purse over my shoulder and dance to the cashier who is busy playing with his phone. I can hear the quick clicks on the keyboard as clear as a bell.

I clear my throat and he looks up, startled. I guess he never heard me coming.

"I need one green tea, two hot chocolates and a dozen chocolate doughnuts, please," I said, pushing a fifty his way.

I raised his eyebrows, remembering me from my previous order of tea, swiped the money, placing it in the cashier and offered my change. I took it, dropped it in the "Tips" jar and then he really got moving.

I drummed my long, freshly manicured nails on the counter and finally the food and drinks were in front of me on a tray.

I smiled at him, dazing him momentarily, before I danced back to our table. I set it down in front of Jacob and Nessie and told them to dig in. I took my green tea and, by the time Renesmee carefully sipped once at the hot chocolate, Jacob had finished his second doughnut. Dog.

I settled back beside Jasper and sipped at my green tea. Then I reached over and grabbed a doughnut, ripping it in half. I nibbled off a piece and made a face before throwing it back at Jacob, "Nope, that definitely tastes like dirt."
Back to top Go down
Jasper Hale

Jasper Hale

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:28 am

I laugh as Alice throws the remains of her donut back at Jacob. At the last second, he catches them in his mouth. "Oh!" Emmett's voice booms as if he scored a touchdown.

"Shhh!" Esme laughs. A few humans glance our way. I tuck Alice deeper under my arm, trying to cuddle with her. Bella's expression is still in disgust from when she observed Alice take a bite of the donut. I chuckle- it's a priceless look for Bella. "Ew." She says simply to Alice, a delayed reaction.

Edward laughs and kisses her head. "Oh, at least I tried it!" Alice defends herself, then laughs. I admire her gorgeous face, the beautiful sound....Mmm.

Bella takes her arm out of Edward's loop, releases her hand from Nessie's so she can eat, and crosses her arms, leaning back. "No one dared you to eat one, Alice." She says with a challenging grin, shaking her head.

"I know, I tried it because I wanted to," my love shoots back, leaning in the same position as Bella. I replace my arm awkwardly by my side, watching the two sisters. "Speaking of dares..."

"Why don't you try one, Bella?" Jacob chips in, mouth full. Alice chuckles in disbelief. "Ha! Well hot damn, the dog finished my sentence." She looks at Bella playfully, challenging her. Bella's expression has gone disgusted again.

"Shut up, Jake," Bella hisses. "Yeah, come on, Bella," Emmett says like a little kid. "Try it."

"Everyone quit forcing her," Esme scolds them. Carlisle squeezes Esme's hand and adds, "It is appalling. Why don't you split it with her, Emmett?" Bella's head whips to his direction in surprise.

I laugh- Carlisle's playful side was unraveling, too. Emmett's expression changes from amusement to shock. Oh, boy, what this is going to turn out to be...
Back to top Go down
Renesmee Cullen
Renesmee Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 am

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at my family's silliness. For a bunch of grown adults, especially since some of them are close to a century old, you'd think they'd gotten over their childishness.

However, I couldn't help but giggle at Emmett's scrunched up face once he realized the dare had turned to him as well. I sipped my hot chocolate quietly as I watched Bella and Emmett taunt each other, trying to tempt the other into chickening out first.

Wincing, I stuck my tongue out slightly when the hot chocolate burnt it slightly. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to look down at my tongue before squeaking when two large fingers clamped down on it.

Glancing over I glared at Jacob, placing my hand on his wrist and sending him an image to let go or I would punch him.

"It's not very lady-like to stick out your tongue, Ness," he chuckled, letting go of my tongue when I flushed slightly.

I sent another glare his way before I snatched the donut of of his other hand with my vampire speed and biting down into it, viciously.

"Hey!" I heard Jacob cry as he playfully pretended to steal it back and I couldn't help but let out a stream of giggles, wiggling to get away from his grabby hands.

Leaning forward, Jacob playfully bit a chunk out of the donut, hanging out of my mouth and I froze, going bright red. I noticed Jacob freeze too and couldn't help but look away, shyly.

I don't know why I blushed, Jacob had been that silly before but I couldn't help but notice how close he had been this time. When had I become so aware of him?

Glancing back at my momentarily quiet family, I blush even darker when I noticed their attention on me. However, they must have realized my embarrassment so quickly went back to arguing.

Grabbing my hot chocolate, I was careful to blow on it first before sipping this time.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Edward Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:15 pm

I let out a soft chuckle at the dare that Carlisle made up.

Emmett leans his arms on the table, squinting his eyes and staring at Bella, "Wanna do this?"

Bella sighed before nodding, "Fine, let's get this dare over with."

They split the doughnut and held it up between their fingers. I watched Bella but my eyes flicked to Emmett.

"Come on, Bella, are you sure you don't want to back out?" Emmett taunted, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Positive, bring it on, Emm," Bella shot back.

"Ready," Alice said, "set, go! Eat it all!"

"All?! Alice, that wasn't part--" Bella said but was cut off when she realized Emmett had shoved the entire half of doughnut in his mouth. She followed suit and began to chew. Her face twisted in distaste but she kept chewing.

I covered my mouth with a hand, holding in a laugh. Alice laughed and clapped her hands, and, as I read her thoughts, she already knew this outcome.

"Done!" Emmett cried, throwing his hands up and opening his mouth to show it clear.

Bella banged her fist on the table, careful not to crack it, and swallowed the last bit. She shook her head, "That was awful, exactly like eating dirt."

Emmett laughed his booming laugh and Rosalie on rolled her eyes and shook her head, wrinkling her nose.

A thought from Jacob caught in my mind and I whipped my head over to see him biting a piece of doughnut from my daughter's mouth. I growled low in my throat, not liking him getting too close to my daughter like that.

Everyone else went quiet as we watched the two. I frowned, glaring at Jacob who went back to sitting fully in his chair.

Good dog.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:12 pm

I had the vision as soon as Carlisle said the words. I knew that Emmett would win the competition but I kept my mouth shut. Edward had read my mind and only chuckled, raising his eyebrows at me.

After the competition, our table had gone quiet as Jacob was very close to Renesmee's mouth and Edward growled quietly. What a protective dad.

I rolled my eyes, "Edward, she's getting older. Relax."

He ignored me so I took another sip of my tea and cuddled back into my Jasper's chest. I felt human eyes on us and I figured they would be staring at us. We had just gone from rowdy to quiet as mice in a matter of seconds.

Edward and Bella were having a silent argument with their eyes and I was assuming it was about the whole Jacob and Renesmee issue.

I ignored them again and kissed Jasper's neck and asked, "Are you sure you don't want a doughnut?"
Back to top Go down
Renesmee Cullen
Renesmee Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Knowing papa was glaring at Jacob, I tried my best to ignore it and turned my attention back to Jacob, sipping my hot chocolate once more.

I received a wink back from him, knowing it was his attempt to lighten the mood. Carefully, I tore a piece of another donut off and tossed it up in the air.

Reacting quickly, Jacob opened his mouth and caught it perfectly once more. Giggles erupted from me and couldn't help but do it again, although this time, I tossed it to the side, making it a bit harder.

Jacob still caught it which caused Uncle Emm to chuckle who then patted me heavily on my head with his large hand, "Good job, Nessie! You got him trained! We didn't think you could teach an old dog new tricks."

Jacob's eyes snapped to Emmett's direction, sending him a glare but I made sure to distract him by tossing another piece at Uncle Emm. Knowing he wouldn't be able to be shown up by a dog, Uncle Emm caught it in his mouth with a grimace as well.

Smothering a smile into my hot chocolate, I couldn't help but tease my big, playful Uncle, "Trained you too."
Back to top Go down
Bella Cullen
Admin
Bella Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:02 pm

I shudder once more as I feel the donut settle inside me. It's disgusting.

But I have more important things to focus on. Personally, I didn't see any harm done in Jake and Rensmee sharing a donut that way.

I look into my husband's eyes, speaking softly. "Edward, I don't think you have to worry."

"We didn't think you could teach an old dog new tricks." Emmett finishes his sentence, complimenting my daughter. I throw my hand over my mouth in laughter. Good one, Emmett.

"Oh, you think that's funny, bloodsucker?" Jacob says jokingly as he nudges me. I let my laugh free. "Yeah, I do! You mutt," I respond. He laughs, cheeks full of food.

I was relieved he didn't become offended at the wolf terms- though he knew I only joked with them, unless I was deadly serious. I wasn't hurt by the vampiric offensives, either. Unless, he was deadly serious.

I look back to Edward. He's still so upset. I want him to smile. I take his hand and squeeze. "Alice has a point....She is getting older." I lower my voice even more, wishing we were in private, speaking gently. "I mean....We saw this coming, right....?"

He looks at me with sad butterscotch eyes.

When it came to Renesmee, Edward and I were similar to the usual human parents: I was the mother who understood her better when it came to boys and hormones; Edward was the overprotective father who didn't want to acknowledge the fact his baby girl was growing up.

"I think we need to talk privately," I suggest to him, squeezing his hand once again. I wait for his response as family around us continue their discussion.

Back to top Go down
Renesmee Cullen
Renesmee Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:44 am

I erupted in giggles once more, staring at the scene in front of me.

Jake's cheeks were bulging from all the donuts he currently had tucked away in his mouth and my eyes widened as he reached forward and grabbed another, stuffing it into his mouth.

"Fluffy bunny,"He spoke through the endless donuts which made it nearly impossible to understand him but those of us at the table caught it.

"Idiot, you are supposed to do that with marshmallows," Uncle Emmett rolled his eyes at Jacob but I knew he was just as amused as I was. Uncle Emmett loved foolishness, or as Uncle Jasper liked to call it.. stupidity.

"I hear people choke from playing that silly game," Aunty Rose said from her place tucked into Uncle Emm's side and sending a glance Jake's way, she couldn't help but mumble, "let's hope that happens this time."

Jacob stared her down and acting out of pure spite, which is what I'm assuming he is doing, stuffs another donut in his mouth, leading him to max capacity and rips another bout of giggles from me.

Leaning onto his shoulder, I can't help but reach up and poke him softly on his over-stuffed cheek, "Chipmunk."
Back to top Go down
Carlisle Cullen

Carlisle Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:44 pm

I hugged my wife closer as I watched the game unfold. My granddaughter was giggling uncontrollably, and the sound was uplifting. Though she was growing up, and we all knew it, I couldn't help but see my young grandchild as the little girl that she had once been.

My mind flickered to Edward, who still had concern etched across his features. Nessie was growing, and with it came problems that he didn't seem ready to face. Bella was speaking in a hushed voice to him, presumably trying to get him to relax.

"You know, Jacob, you should perhaps save some donuts for someone else to enjoy, I am sure that Emmett wouldnt mind another, would you Emmett?" , I raised my eyebrow at my brawniest son as I challenged him. Emmett's face wrinkled in distaste, but then his eyes lit up as he had an idea. Oh no...

"I will if you will, old man." , He teased, and every face at our table turned to look expectantly at me. A chuckle came from both Alice and Edward as their minds met in Alice's vision. I gulped as I took a look at the mud coloured donuts that remained on the plate. "well... I..." , I struggled. Esme looked at me with a smile on her face.
"Come on love, you can dish out the dare's but you can't take them?" , she said in mock disappointment. If I had bile, it would have been rising in my throat. "Oh alright then." , I let out a sigh as I conceded. I picked up a donut between my fingers and stared at it. It looked and smelled revolting. Renesmee tossed one to Emmett, who grinned at me. "Ready grandpa?" , Emmett teased as Renesmee and the rest of my family watched with interest.

I took a deep breath, and placed in into my mouth. I outwardly cringed as the vile flavour coated my tastebuds, it was disgusting. As I chewed, Emmett placed his into his own mouth and began to chew, attempting to hide his disgust by staring impassively at me. I finished chewing and I felt the donut slime its way down my throat. It wasnt going to be pleasant when I had to hack that up later.

Nessie let out a giggle and clapped as I opened my mouth to show I had finished. I was never going to eat something like that again.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Edward Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 pm

I let out a breath, slowly, and turn my attention away from Jacob and my daughter to my wife. She squeezes my hands and suggests we go outside.

I nod curtly, looking at Jasper and hope he can watch my daughter and the mutt.

Yes, Edward, she will be fine, he thinks to me, now go talk to your wife.

I nod and rise from my chair, clutching Bella's hand. I need something to contain me from ripping the mutt's head off right there in a public place.

As I lead Bella outside the small cafe, I take the moment to listen to the humans' thoughts that I had blatantly ignored the whole time we were here.

They are all so beautiful. I wonder how they got to be so beautiful.

I wonder if they are famous.

That one is awfully beautiful.

Look at that pixie-like one and the big guy, there.

I smile a small one and push the door open with a hand and lead my wife outdoors.

Look at those two go, both are beautiful.

We walk away from the building and stop, snowing gently falling on us. I watch it land in my wife's long, brown hair and slowly melt. I can't help but smile. Same temperature.

I sighed and took both of Bella's hands, looking into her golden eyes, finding myself calming down the more I stared into them.

"I'm sorry," I tell her. The first words out of my mouth. I have to tell her, though. Just have to. I can't help my hatred for Jacob Black. He has never been on my good terms. Ever.

I block out all the thoughts around me and just wait for her to reply.
Back to top Go down
Bella Cullen
Admin
Bella Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 pm

I shake my head. "Don't apologize." I squeeze Edward's hands in reassurance. Snowflakes surround him, causing him to look distractingly gorgeous. But I focus.

He concentrates on me intensely, too. "I just wish I could read his mind like you, so I could understand better."

I move our hands a bit and chuckle humorlessly. "It just sucks, you know? You and Jake began to get along well once we were settled. And now that she's at this stage...The hatred returns."

His brow furrows and he glances down, looking ashamed. No, no don't do that. I pull one hand out of his light grasp and take my index finger to his chin, lifting his face.

"Not just you," I say, looking into his golden eyes. "Him too. He does have to....slow down with her."

Edward looks at me for a moment before speaking. "I have no desire to fight with him again, Bella, but....Renesmee is just constantly around him...Her rapidly changing body..." He looks to the window where Jake and Nes are seated.

"Nothing physical is going to happen for quite a while, I can tell you that." He looks back to me. "You're quite sure."

"How could I not be? We raised her right. And you know how long I've known Jake...He's a great kid. He isn't like that." I cross my arms, letting out a breath that turns into an almost invisible cloud in the air, since my sweet breath is approximately the same temperature.

"And plus," I say, matter of factly, "Renesmee doesn't necessarily end up with him. It's imprinting. Jacob is there for her as whatever she needs- a friend, a brother, a mate...But chances are she does love him."

"She can't be in love already."

"Love. Not in. Yet."

Edward runs a hand through his tousled bronze hair, ruining the snowflakes that have landed there. I take his hand, examining it as I speak.

"I just don't get it....What is so bad about this?" I ask, looking up into his eyes. "I thought once Renesmee was here, everything was....Right. You and I could happily be together, Renesmee and Jake. And everyone else in addition.

I know Jacob is a natural enemy and you two have had your moments, but I believed we were past this. Is it because Renesmee is grown? Would you be happy if she were with another boy? Or is it just Jacob, because it's him?"

I shake my head. "I'm so confused, Edward."

Last edited by Bella Cullen on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jasper Hale

Jasper Hale

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:16 pm

I rub my hand up and down Alice's arm as she rests on my shoulder happily.

My eyes are locked on Renesmee and Jacob. They continue their repetitive activities of feeding each other, laughing, simply talking. I grow curious as to what Edward is so stressed about. They're harmless!

"Alice," I speak low into her ear, "do you think Edward is overreacting?"

My wife giggles. "Of course," she responds just as quietly in my ear. "It's Edward."

I laugh and squeeze her shoulder. "True." I let out a sigh and Alice looks up at me. I stare at her a moment before giving her a kiss. She smiles, and I give her a bunch of kisses.

The cafe plays jazzy music. I tap my foot to the smooth rhythm, listening to Jake and Nessie's words but also to other things. The brush of fabric as Esme squeezes Carlisle's bicep comfortingly.

Humans talking. Humans drinking. Humans. Their pulse. Heat. Blood.

Alice's content breathing. I focus on that.
Back to top Go down
Carlisle Cullen

Carlisle Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:36 am

I sighed contentedly as Esme hugged closer to me.
"Edward will come around, Carlisle. You will see." , Esme squoze my arm as she noticed that I was watching Bella and Edward through the window of the café. I smiled down at her, and gave her a reassuring squeeze back.
"I know, love."

Renesmee, seemingly unaware of the tension in some of us, continued to feed Jacob donut after donut. I focused on the swish of the wholly disgusting liquid in my cup as I sloshed it around, trying to tune out Alice and Jasper's conversation. They didn't seem to have many conversations with no one else listening in at the moment.

"Love, stop that." , Esme scolded me softly. "If it disgusts you, don't look at it." , she laughed lightly and planted a kiss on my lips. I leaned into her lips, craving her touch. Our kiss became longer, more heated, and suddenly there was nothing I wanted more than to be alone with my wife.
But we were here as a family, bonding in the winter cold. I stopped our kiss and looked apologetically at my love, silently saying I wanted to carry on with my eyes. She nodded, understanding exactly what I meant.

I began to absent mindedly fiddle with my wool sweater, an unneccessary piece of clothing, had it not been for the pretence we kept up. At this moment, all was well. How did I ever deserve such a wonderful family?

Edward and Bella came back in, and smiling at their daughter, they sat back down.
Back to top Go down
Renesmee Cullen
Renesmee Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Smiling, I finally stopped feeding Jacob donuts, allowing him to chew the mouthful he had.

However, I couldn't help but poke his cheek one more time and speaking softly, "Chipmunk."

Jacob threw back his head and laughed loudly, turning back towards me and pulling a fake shocked face, "Ness, are you calling me fat?"

I poked him in the belly, not helping to notice how toned it really is, and smiling. "Thick," I joked back, not being able to help but tease him.

He must have been feeling dramatic because he threw one hand to his chest and clenched at his chest. "You wound me, my lady," he cried out before acting like his heart actually hurt and falling into my lap.

My giggles started up again as I bounced my legs, making it awkward for him from his place on my lap.

"You are not supposed to bother the sleeping beauty, Nessie,"he mumbled, his eyes still closed.

"No, you are supposed to kiss him awake," Aunty Alice's cheerful voice came from the other side of the table, sending a wink my way.

My face flushed as I glanced towards Papa but it would seem he was attempting to focus on Mama and not get angry, knowing we were only joking.

Looking down at Jake once more, I saw he had one up open, peeking up at me, "Yeah. Don't you know how the fairytales work?"

Blushing a bit darker, I leaned down quickly, pecking him on his temple before pulling back up and looking out the window, trying to cool my face.

Jacob chuckled before sitting up out of my lap and reaching forward to steal my hot chocolate, trying to soften the mood. Scowling, I pulled it out of his grasp and sticking my tongue out in his direction.
Back to top Go down
Carlisle Cullen

Carlisle Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:56 am

Edwards teeth clenched together as he attempted to focus on his wife. Renesmee and Jacob were getting too close for comfort in his eyes, and it didn't help that Alice seemed to be pushing to the inevitable.

"Yeah, don't you know how the fairy tales work?" , Jacob addressed Nessie from his current position on her lap. She blushed scarlet and leaned down to kiss him on the temple, rising immediately after and staring out of the window.

Edward's grip on his cup tightened a fraction.

"Edward." , I warned my son. "All is well."

Edward looked at me with an emotion that I could not place. It was a mix between sadness, anger and confusion. He was really out of his depth with this stuff. After all, he is forever seventeen, in body and maturity.

Jacob and Nessie resumed their games, this they were playing for possession of the hot chocolate. I chuckled as I watched my carefree granddaughter. She understood well enough that the next few months were going to be tough on her emotions, and she would learn that she could not always make everyone happy.

"Carlisle? can I speak with you a moment?" , Edward spoke directly to me, and I answered yes silently, knowing there were no need for words when he could read my every thought. I got up and followed him to the other side of the cafe.

"Carlisle." , Edward spun to face me with a worried look. "I don't know what to do."

"Son, what you must do is support your daughter in whatever choices that she makes. You know as well as I do that a relationship between Jacob an Renesmee is inevitable." , at my words a faint growl escapes Edward's lips. "And deep down, you know that it is a good thing. She will always be safe and happy. You must learn to accept it, as she must learn what it means to grow up, and to love. You know that as well as all of us."

"Carlisle I..." , Edwards expression was one of pain. "I know. It is just hard, letting that mutt-"

"-Jacob, Edward." , I interrupted. "He is not a mutt. Call him by his name. You must not let petty differences get in the way of being on good terms. Jacob is a good man, and you know it, do you not?"

"I suppose. Thank you." , Edward answered.

You know I am here to help, Edward. He nodded at my silent answer.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Edward Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 pm

I sighed and held Bella's hands.

"Bella, I don't know for sure. I want her to be happy but she just seems...so young to have someone so close like that," I let out an unnecessary breath before continuing, looking deep into my mate's eyes, "I grew up in an older time period, Bella, you need to understand that this us unusual for me. Just like the whole thing between us...before marriage. I didn't want to do that." I released one of her hands and ran it through her hair, enjoying the softness of it.

I looked at her in silence while she processed everything that I said before she nodded slowly.

We spoke a few more words and she tried to comfort me but it was hard trying to teach someone how to change their own morals...especially in regards to one's own daughter.

She took my hand and led me back inside the cafe. I smiled at my daughter and sat back down. I placed my hands on the table and instantly tightened my hands around it when Alice piped up about kissing someone awake.

I frowned, not liking this. My other hand gripped my cup tightly when Jacob mentioned about fairy tales. I tried hard not to break the damn thing.

Carlisle warned me, in a low voice. I stared at him, unsure what to think until he finally asked me to speak with him. I followed him to the other side of the cafe and we spoke in low voices, I tried to tune out the thoughts of the mutt. Tried.

I gritted my teeth when I heard. She is so beautiful.

Carlisle instructed me to call the mutt by his actual name. I would try...for my father's sake.

As we returned to the table, I gripped Bella's hands tightly in my own, not wanting to let her go. I needed her for my support in this time. Our daughter was growing older, something that I wasn't too happy about but I would have to learn to respect it.

Jacob would be in her life...forever. I almost growled.
Back to top Go down
Bella Cullen
Admin
Bella Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:42 pm

I grip both of Edward's hands tightly under the table, rubbing little circles onto the top of one hand. I slowly meet his eyes.

"You alright?" I mouth. He nods very slightly, tensely. Stupid question, I think. I look at Carlisle. He has his arms around Esme and meets my gaze. He smiles faintly and nods.

Renesmee and Jacob continue their hot chocolate games.

"So, how is your tea, Alice?" I ask sarcastically. She rolls her eyes, looking even smaller now that she's tucked under Jasper's arm.

"Wonderful, thank you, Bella," she responds just as jokingly.

"I don't understand how she does it either, Bella," Carlisle joins in with a tone of disgust. "That donut was appalling!"

I laugh. "Very much agreed...Alice is just special, I guess."

Jasper lets out a chuckle. "Extremely." He leans down to kiss her head adoringly.

I smile at the couple and my eyes unintentionally find Rosalie's. I offer her a small grin, which she returns.

We're making progress, even if it's gradual movements such as that.

Back to top Go down
Jasper Hale

Jasper Hale

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:44 pm

I notice Bella and Rosalie have shared a look. Hmph.

I perform a few human actions as I begin to feel more uncomfortable. I shift a bit in my seat, clear my throat. Then I send out waves of happiness and relaxation among my family.

Edward's furrowed brow of stress suddenly releases. He meets my eyes. I had to, Edward. You're too stressed. I think we all are.

"Dammit, Jasper," he mutters almost inaudibly, but I catch it. So does Bella.

She raises an eyebrow at him then turns her gaze to me. She opens her mouth to speak then shuts it. Leans back in her chair, still gripping Edward's hand.

Carlisle takes a deep breath and smiles at Esme, his expression a lot less tense.

My eyes glide over to Jacob and Renesmee, who have gone silent.

"You guys feel that?" he asks. I turn to face my wife. Her golden eyes find mine.

We stare at each other for a moment before bursting out in laughter.
Back to top Go down
Renesmee Cullen
Renesmee Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:18 pm

I felt a wave of calm wash over me, causing me to relax into Jacob's shoulder once he gave up on teasing me by attempting to take my hot chocolate away from me.

I watched with quiet amusement as Jasper and Alice broke into laughter and couldn't help but think how adorably they are together. As I watch them, I lifted my hot chocolate to my lips and took a gulp before making a slight face with how cold it is now. Apparently while I was busy playing with Jacob and taking to the family, I failed to realize how much time has passed.

Wrinkling my nose slightly, giving the hot-now-cold chocolate a face before setting it down on the table. However, as soon as the cup hit the polish wood of the table, it was snatched from my hands by Jacob and gulped down in one large mouthful.

"Hey!"My soft voice squeaked out as I tried to remove it from his grasp which was rather pointless since I knew the drink was already gone.

Pouting, I crossed my arms and stuck my tongue out at him but pulled it in quickly when he went to grab it between his index finger and thumb.

"Don't give me that,"he chuckled loudly, "it was cold anyways. I saw the look you pulled there, Ness."

Suddenly, I was picked up by his hands on my hips and lifted from the booth. My hands immediately clamped down on his forearms to stabilize myself and accidentally let a squeak escape my lips in surprise.

"Relax, little darlin',"Jake said, standing out of the booth once he had moved me out of the way and then setting me back down, "I'm going to get you another drink."

"Could have asked me to move," I said softly, still pouting as he walked away towards the drink counter, his chuckles lingering behind.

I glanced back towards my family, listening faintly to the conversations they were sharing between each other. Looking at Mama and Papa, I sent them a bright smile when I noticed them looking over at me.

Rain pattered gently down the window that was to my right and I could help but watch the beautiful drops of water that sparkled with billions of different colours. Rain was always my favorite weather although Jake told me I was crazy for liking the wet. There was just something so cozy to me about this weather and relaxing. Especially when you were inside with a warm drink and surrounded by family. The only thing missing was a good book.

Pulling my eyes from the window, I glanced back over to Jake to see what was taking him so long and saw him conversing with a waitress that seemed to have something in her eyes since she was blinking an irregular amount of times. An unsettled feeling rested in the pit of my tummy and I couldn't help but lay my hand on it in hopes that it would go away.

I was feeling strange seeing Jacob talking to the pretty woman. Shaking my head in confusion, I moved my gaze back down to the table in front of me and pushed around a little pile of salt that had been spilled earlier.

I must be hungry.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Jasper and I laugh together when I realize he's sent a wave of relaxation over the table. I melt into his side, clutching at my cup of tea.

I close my eyes, enjoying the calmness surrounding out table. I rest my head on Jasper's shoulder and take another sip of the tea.

I don't really enjoy the taste of it but I like to try and drink human drinks. I suppose I'm just missing being human all of a sudden. Seeing Ness and Jacob eat and drink every day was frustrating. I missed eating eggs and toast and different human foods that I ate with my human family. Those memories are fading drastically so I try to hold on to them by trying to drink like the humans.

I frown and open my eyes and set the cup back on the table and nestle roughly into Jasper's side, burying my head into his chest. I don't know why these feelings suddenly came to me but maybe my father was right in putting me in the asylum all those years ago.

Hell, at this point, I can't even remember my father's name.

I swallow, another human trait that I don't need to do, and clutch at Jasper's shirt, wanting to feel invisible all of a sudden. I try to bring back the wave of calmness I felt a few moments ago, hoping it would sedate me.
Back to top Go down
Bella Cullen
Admin
Bella Cullen

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:25 am

I reflexively make a gag expression and throw my hand over my mouth as Jake consumes the rest of Renesmee's cold hot chocolate.

Jake rolls his eyes once he's finished. "Oh, what?"

I shake my head. "You do not drink hot chocolate cold, Jacob. That is repulsing!" I use my hand for emphasis as I speak and laugh. He did that even when I was human.

He laughs. "You know me." I nod and raise my eyebrows. "Weird."

Jacob flicks his hand and puckers his lips as if to say "Oh, please." I laugh at him, feeling happier by the second.

He picks up my daughter and calms her as she squeals softly in protest. The word "darlin'" catches my attention.

I raise an eyebrow. "Sounds like you're picking up some vocabulary from Jasper." I nod my head to him and laugh.

He smiles, Alice practically shoving herself into his side. Everyone giggles a bit. I even get a smirk out of Edward.

I turn my gaze to Edward as Jacob leaves to get Renesmee another drink. He seems more relaxed thanks to Jasper.

He meets my eyes and smiles crookedly. I smile brightly in return and squeeze his hand that I've been holding. My mate closes his eyes and I admire the light shade of lavender there.

I sit back and let my eyes wander to Renesmee. Her expression is strange; I can't place it. Her eyes dart from Jacob to the table.

I look up to him and see he's talking to a somewhat attractive waitress. Oh, she is undoubtedly flirting. She won't quit batting her damn eyes! How cliche!

Is Renesmee...jealous? I can't help but smile, even begin to laugh. My daughter is watching a boy she likes talk to another female. Oh, how we've all had those feelings at one time or another.

Edward opens his eyes and questions me with them. I turn my body and lean in close to his ear. "I think your daughter is jealous," I say with a smile.

I can only hope he thinks it's as cute and humorous as I, rather than take it the wrong way and grow upset again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Warmth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Warmth   Winter Warmth Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter Warmth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You're like my personal brand of heroin.. :: The Roleplay :: Forks :: Forks - In town-
Jump to: